Autortace

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 18:19:57 GMT

Oracle8i Designing and Tuning for Performance Release 2 (8.1.6)
Part Number A76992-01
Chapter 9, "Optimizing SQL Statements"

<<<

Disk Reads and Buffer Gets
Monitor disk reads and buffer gets by executing the following statement:

SQL> set autotrace on [explain] [stat]

Typical results returned are shown as follows:

Statistics

         70  recursive calls
          0  db block gets
       591  consistent gets
      404  physical reads
          0  redo size
        315  bytes sent via SQL*Net to client
        850  bytes received via SQL*Net from client
          3  SQL*Net roundtrips to/from client
          3  sorts (memory)
          0  sorts (disk)
          0  rows processed

<<<

When I set autotrace on, in statistics, all I got was "recursive calls" and "rows processed". How could I get the others to list as well?

Brian Received on Fri Dec 28 2001 - 12:19:57 CST