Re: Oracle Minimum Specification

From: kelly <kelly_at_utvinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 01:31:36 -0000

Thanks for the replies,
I have no involvement with the installation of the Oracle apps only the installation of the hardware. They have asked for ISDN cards to be fitted and each system will be standalone with no LAN connection. My thoughts are that the original PIII's with additional RAM would suffice for clients but the company supplying the app has requested a min P4 1.3-1.6Mhz, 20Gb HD, 256Mb RAM, seems OTT to me but then I'm just supplying the systems. The company offered to supply systems at an extortionate rate... I smell a rat.. then who am I to argue.

Thanks again

Rick
"Rick Hanna" <richardhanna_at_dnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:qf6V7.23546$4z5.2734201_at_news6-win.server.ntlworld.com...
> A client has asked me to upgrade his Win2k PIII PC's to a minimum P4
1.3-1.6Mhz, 20Gb HD, 256Mb RAM in order to run Oracle (no other
> information available). The minimum specification appears strange given
that it is only a small office with 3 PC's.