Re: Oracle Minimum Specification

From: vyper <tgga_at_vyper.karoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 08:26:24 -0000

"vyper" <tgga_at_vyper.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:u2a25dfimju060_at_corp.supernews.com...

> "Rick Hanna" <richardhanna_at_dnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> > A client has asked me to upgrade his Win2k PIII PC's to a minimum P4
> 1.3-1.6Mhz, 20Gb HD, 256Mb RAM in order to run Oracle (no other
> > information available). The minimum specification appears strange given
> that it is only a small office with 3 PC's.
> >
> > What are realistic min specifications for Oracle PC's clients?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Rick
> >

> Depends what he expects the amount of data, number of users etc to be.
With
> Oracle there are 2 things that you can never get enough of:-
>
> RAM and hard disks
>
> From memory I think Oracle recommend 22 hard disks to keep I/O contention
> a minimum. With memory, the more you have the faster it is.
>

> Pete

Oppes I should have read where it said clint.

Min spec for Financials 11i etc is 32mb RAM, P2-300. For 10.7 with Smartclient we tend to use P2-300's with 128Mb RAM. It really depends what other applications that the client may be running at the same time.

Pete Received on Sun Dec 23 2001 - 02:26:24 CST