ADO Oracle 8i access 2000 recordset for forms

From: Carsten Ramser <Carsten_at_idee.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 19:13:25 +0100

I work with MS Access 2000 with ADO 2.6 with OS WIN 2000 .

The connection to a Oracle 8i database is :

    Public gv_cnnSQLServer As ADODB.Connection     gv_cnnSQLServer=Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=idee_admin;Data Source=IDEE.WORLD;Extended Properties=""

In a form I have for the open event this code:

  Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset

  fkt_form_open Forms(CStr(Me.name)), True

  'Instanz der ADO-Recordset-Klasse erstellen und   'deren Eigenschaften festlegen
  Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
  With rs
    Set .ActiveConnection = gv_cnnSQLServer
.Source = "SELECT * FROM kep"
.LockType = adLockOptimistic
.CursorType = adOpenKeyset
.CursorLocation = adUseClient

.Open

  End With

  'Festlegen der Recordset-Eigenschaft des Formulars auf den ADO-Recordset   Set Me.Recordset = rs
  Set rs = Nothing

There is no problem to open the ADODB.recordset rs but the statement

    Set Me.Recordset = rs

produce an error 80004005

    could not initialized the data provider     (german:der Datenprovider konnte nicht initialisiert werden)

The form and the code I have developed at an other PC and there runs the code without error.

Have anyone an idea, why it does not work on my PC.

Thanks
Carsten Ramser Received on Fri Dec 21 2001 - 12:13:25 CST