[jdbc] gettables: table or view does not exist

From: Ewald Börger <news_at_ewald.hetnetniet.nl>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:27:36 +0100

Hi again,

Solved the "could not extend problem" (somebody had been as handy as to set the datafile to a fixed size of 5MB without autoextent for a 30MB database, well as I said... not much Oracle knowledge here). Thanks to all those who replied, this side of my program now works!

Next problem:
trying to read all tables (structure and data) to write to xml, most should work already, but I'm getting ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
when using getTables()... seems the official Oracle driver (8.1.7.0.0) is unable to find the metadata or such
I'm guessing some permissions are still not correct, but on the other hand: my test user has been given full DBA permissions.

The code works for a jdbc connection to sql server (can I say that out loud here? :-)

Good thing is that this part of my program can be left out. (my program is supposed to do 3 things: export sql server to xml, replicate the original database from xml in sql server and replicate in oracle. 4 optional point is export oracle to xml) Bad thing is that it's bad for my ego not to implement it succesfully

--
Ewald Börger