Anyone using Datadirect ODBC on a mac with Excel to access an oracle database?

From: Mark London <mrl_at_psfc.mit.edu>
Date: 20 DEC 2001 15:12:51 GMT

I'm trying to use the datadirect connect odbc drivers to connect to an oracle database (version 7.3.4) using SQL calls in Visual Basic in Excel. Should this be possible? I can connect and download data using Microsoft Query. I can also successfully make a connection using SQLOpen in Excel, but a query results in an error that says that this function is not supported. Does Microsoft Query use SQL calls? If so, why doesn't it work via Excel? Thanks.

Mark London
MRL_at_PSFC.MIT.EDU Received on Thu Dec 20 2001 - 09:12:51 CST