UTF8 characters in an ASCII7 Oracle Instance.

From: Wellington Aquiare <waquiare_at_nyl.com>
Date: 18 Dec 2001 08:52:54 -0800

We have an Oracle instance (8.1.6.3) defined as USASCII7. An application has stored UTF8 characters in some of the tables we have. These characters were stored in cols of LONG data types. I need to read these tables with LONG types via PL/SQL. Can anyone assist? Tks Received on Tue Dec 18 2001 - 10:52:54 CST