Where clause containing Ampersand

From: James Alexander Starritt <james_at_jamesstarritt.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:52:10 -0600

I have a where clause that contains an & as part of it. Oracle prompts for a value, assuming that this is a variable. How do I put a literal ampersand in my where clause.

update table
set field = 'New Text'
where field = 'Jay & Silent Bob';

Any ideas. Should be easy as pie but I can't figure it out

--

James Starritt