Oracle Application 11i (11.5.5) on Mandrake Linux 8.1

From: Hari <hariraghavan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Dec 2001 12:36:52 -0800

Hi,

I am trying to install the vision demo on ML8.1. During the installation process, I had problems with GLIBC. Oracle needed glibc version 2.1.x. My installation failed even though I had the compat libraries installed. To resolve this issue, I had to download stub libraries provided by Oracle. Now I am able to start and mount the database but I am not able to access the applications from my browser. So I tried relinking all the files using the "adadmin" utility provided by Oracle. This however exited with an error. The error's are:
(1) /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6: undefined reference to
`_setjmp_at_GLIBC_2.0\'
(2) /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so: undefined reference to
`getpwuid_r_at_GLIBC_2.1.2\'
(3) /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so: undefined reference to
`shmctl_at_GLIBC_2.2\'
(4) /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so: undefined reference to
`getpwnam_r_at_GLIBC_2.1.2\'.
Please help me resolve this issue. I would also like to know whether anyone has succesfully installed Oracle Applications 11i on Mandrake Linux and if so, are there any prerequsites? Thanks in advance, Hari Received on Mon Dec 17 2001 - 14:36:52 CST