table of varchar2

From: Job Miller <jobmiller_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Dec 2001 13:18:14 -0800

I have read the documentation on collections in the PL/SQL guide and the example stuff in the App Dev Guide several times but still am unsure of some basic things

for a web app I am using the default type for multi-valued form inputs which is a table of varchar2 named deleted_ids.

The table is filled with ids to be deleted.

from pl/sql stored procedure I would like to be able to do (i know this isn't right.)

DELETE FROM TABLE WHERE ID IN (SELECT * DELETED_IDS) do I have to use the subscripts and iterate through the table of varchar2 building a string to then substitute in place of the subquery above?

after reading everything many times I have no idea.

I do understand how to insert/select/update on nested tables, but this is different since it is only memory resident right?

how is the O'Reilly book on new 8i Features?

give me perl and the dbi and this would have been done hours ago. :)

Job Received on Fri Dec 14 2001 - 15:18:14 CST