Re: Case sensitivity in a parameter query

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 01:09:05 GMT

Oracle is case sensitive and you can't turn it off. You can do select ... from .. where upper(column1) like 'ABC%'

If you are going to do that I would create a function based index on the column so the query doesn't do a full table scan. You may or may not be able to do that depending upon what version of Oracle you have. You don't indicate.
Jim