Oracle Stored Procedure through ODBC

From: Alan Pollard <alanpollard_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Dec 2001 12:32:04 -0800

Which ODBC (or OLE DB) providers will support stored procedure calls in the form:
{call myPackage.myStoredProc(1, {resultset 100, outParam})} ??

I can only get this to work using the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle, and can use this under the OLEDB Provider for ODBC to access recordsets through ADO.

I cannot get this form of call to work with the Microsoft OLE DB for Oracle, or the Oracle ODBC driver (8.1.6.6.0) or the Oracle OLEDB Driver.

I would like to use the Oracle drivers to allow use of the CLOB datatype as an output parameter - the Microsoft drivers do not support this.

Any hints/tips would be much appreciated... Received on Thu Dec 13 2001 - 14:32:04 CST