Re: Is Oracle really worth it?

From: joe buhl <joseph.buhl_at_vspan.com>
Date: 13 Dec 2001 07:36:40 -0800

Hello,

I really do not think you are going to find an RDBMS out there that is bug free. I remember an old 7.3 server we had would just pin the cpu at 100% occasionally, requiring a reboot.

I would say 1.5 years is pretty good without a hiccup.

As far as "Is Oracle really worth it?" It all depends on your requirements.

I our particular case it was not worth it. We dropped our Oracle license and are switching RDBMS vendors. It has been an gratifying experience.

jab