Re: SMON system hang

From: Noname <nospam_at_nospam.no>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:20:19 -0500

A couple of questions:

  1. What exact version of Oracle are you using?
  2. What platform are you running the db on?
  3. Have you power cycled the machine?
  4. What other processes are running with Oracle?

When you have the answers to these questions, you can probably check metalink and find out for yourself without waiting for the group to reply. Chances are, you have a flawed version of Oracle or you need to patch your OS.

Good Luck!
Chris