Re: extproc using too much CPU time

From: Meikel <meikel_at_t-online.de>
Date: 11 Dec 2001 13:28:59 -0800

hi,

i have 8.1.7 on WinNT Server, but the problem is not solved in this version, intermedia-indexing put file-information for indexing in a table, i think ctx_pending or so, stepwise now the ctxhx process index the files and write the tokens to the index tables, but in some cases ctxhx cannot index an file and "hangs", the ctxhx runs with ca. 50% of cpu, but the database "sleeps".
kill the ctxhx process and the next entry from ctx_pending be worked. dayly in our database come ca. 500 documents, and i have an workaround that automaticly kills the ctxhx process when it runs longer than 30 seconds.
oracle have no new ctxhx-executable (WinNT) to solve the problem.

you can test an document with the commandline "ctxhx.exe inputfile outputfile.htm". if the outputfile.htm was generated its ok, if not, an error occured.

better informations in german.

cu
meikel