Re: Context-Error ORACLE 8.1.5

From: timkarnold <timkarnold_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:48:39 GMT

From MetaLink

Oracle Server Enterprise Edition Technical Forum

Displayed below are the messages of the selected thread.

Thread Status: Closed

From: bernhard.schaefers_at_finkundpartner.de 04-May-00 22:10 Subject: update on an table with context indexes doesn't work, ORA-00604

RDBMS Version: 8.1.5
Operating System and Version: NT 4.0 SP 5 Error Number (if applicable): ORA-00604
Product (i.e. SQL*Loader, Import, etc.): interMedia Text Product Version: 8.1.5.0.3

update on an table with context indexes doesn't work, ORA-00604

Hi folks,

I use a table with 8 context indexes and 40.000 tupels. The indexes work fine: I tested select, insert and update with SQL*Plus: Everything is ok.

In a PL/SQL procedure I'm doing a lot of updates (100-300) on a column which doesn't have a context index. Every update is immediatly committed. In this case I get sometimes an exception. I tried to reproduce this with SQL*Plus:

SQL> begin
2 for i in 405300 .. 405400 loop
3 update bilder set statusarchid = 0
4 where bilderid = i;
5 commit;
6 end loop;
7 end;
8 /
begin
*
ERROR in line 1:

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-20000: ConText error:
DRG-50610: internal error: drexdsync
DRG-50857: oracle error in drekwn
ORA-00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource
ORA-06512: in "CTXSYS.SYNCRN", line 0
ORA-06512: in line 1
ORA-06512: in line 5

Does someone know the reason for this behaviour? Is there a solution or a workaround? Thank you very much for your help, Bernhard

From: bernhard.schaefers_at_finkundpartner.de 05-May-00 23:02 Subject: problems identified, probably context-bugs...

Hi there,

I identified the problems I had, they are probably context-bugs: 1) ERROR occurs if there are lot of immediately committed updates 2) context indexed column is used in row level update trigger: for every update statement the the context index will be updated, necessary or not

Does someone know a good workaround? The following code reproduces the problem. Thanks, Bernhard...

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-20000: ConText error:
DRG-50610: internal error: drexdsync
DRG-50857: oracle error in drekwn
ORA-00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.SYNCRN", line 0
ORA-06512: at line 1
ORA-06512: at line 5

-- now I will show you, that you can get this error with
-- an update on a column without context index...
-- first I will show you that an update on text.another_id -- doesn't have an effect to ctx_user_pending update test set another_id = '666' where test_id = 100 /
select count (*), pnd_index_name from ctx_user_pending group by pnd_index_name
/
commit
/

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-20000: ConText error:
DRG-50610: internal error: drexdsync
DRG-50857: oracle error in drekwn
ORA-00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.SYNCRN", line 0
ORA-06512: at line 1
ORA-06512: at line 5

From: Oracle, Helen Schoone 09-May-00 22:26 Subject: Re : update on an table with context indexes doesn't work, ORA-00604 Hi. This appears to be due to an interMedia bug (906273). This bug is fixed in 8.1.6. A request for a patchset exception (e.g. individual patch) for 8.1.5.0 NT has been submitted (1102910), but is not yet available.

8.1.6 is currently shipping for NT.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Helen
Oracle Server EE Analyst

 Copyright (c) 1995,2000 Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Legal Notices and Terms of Use.