Re: Tracing ref_cursors

From: Manish <manish.shah_at_emagine-int.com>
Date: 10 Dec 2001 18:54:05 -0800

> PLSQL cannot pass a ref cursor to java.
>
> Java can call PLSQL, get a ref cursor cursor BACK and print it out.
>
> So, you need to invoke the plsql from java.
>
> You can write a very simple test harness that calls the PLSQL from a java
> client, and dumps the cursor out. that is what I was trying to say.

Ok. I understand your suggestion!

Unfortunately, I would like to be able to do this for any stored proc in my application, returning any resultset.

Therefore I would need to write a Java application that allowed me to specify which stored proc, what arguments, call the proc and then dump the resultset.

Don't have time for that I'm afraid. Looks like I'm stuck with using SQLNavigator version 4.1, which can trace the contents of ref_cursors but is very buggy.

Cheers,
Manish Received on Mon Dec 10 2001 - 20:54:05 CST