HELP IM in need.

From: KDankwah <kdankwah_at_aol.comnojunk>
Date: 10 Dec 2001 02:41:07 GMT

I have a table with only 2 fields which I am updating, I created an update procedure which compiled and its doing the update, but what I am finding is that the database entry of grade_code which is one of the fields in the table and a not null and a type code of CHAR, takes any entry when I am doing an update, even a number.

Could someone please give me a syntax that will check the table to see if the field grade_code exists in the table before doing the update. I will take any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Johnny Received on Sun Dec 09 2001 - 20:41:07 CST