Installing Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows XP ...

From: David A. Levy <david.a.levy_at_rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 16:49:47 GMT

Hope somebody can help me:

Trying the above - installing Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows XP. I got this working fine on
one machine, but on another I'm getting a message that says the current user does not have enough permissions to access the registry (this is when I run the installer). Does anyone know
how to correct this? The user in question is the administrator user, and can certainly access the registry - using regedit at any rate. Unlike Windows NT/2000, there seems to be no tool on XP that allows finer grain of adjusting the permissions of the user. All I can do is set the user type to either "Administartor" or "Normal".

Thanks in advance,
David. Received on Sun Dec 09 2001 - 10:49:47 CST