Re: Triggers on Views fire for table?

From: Luch <optimaljedi_at_nospam.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 16:12:52 GMT

Basically I wanted to take the data being inserted into the view (whatever is in the :new variables) and process it, then insert/move it to other tables. If I understand correctly that the record only comes into the view when the view is queried, I suppose the type of trigger I wanted to create isn't possible.

The DBA will only give me access to the view, so I'll probably have to go with a timed process that periodically queries the view like you mention.

thank you both for your help

--
Luch
replace nospam with usa for e-mail.