Oracle SQL-NET on RedHat 7.2

From: Doug Farrell <writeson_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 7 Dec 2001 13:33:40 -0800

Hi all,
I'm trying to evaluate a RedHat Linux 7.2 box as a potential web server platform in addition to our existing Solaris servers. Right now I'm trying to build our CGI applications on the linux box. These CGI apps on the Sun machines connect to local Oracle 8i datbases. I'd like to have the Linux box connect to one of these databases, so what I'm looking for is a way to get something like the Oracle SQL-NET thing installed on the Linux box so it can connect to the database on the existing Sun box remotely.

So, the gist of what I'm looking for is a way to connect a C++ CGI application to an Oracle database remotely over our network. Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Doug Farrell
Scholastic, Inc. Received on Fri Dec 07 2001 - 15:33:40 CST