Re: help searching text with accents and umlauts

From: Lee Horowitz <lee_at_jamtoday.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 19:43:20 -0500

Thanx again.

I can see how in general the mappings of "decorated" letters to "base" letters might depend on the language; but as a practical matter, its likely that the ordinary bear (assumed to be an American English speaker) would expect a letter with a diacritical mark on it to map to the plain character as a "base" letter; following the
principal of "least surprise".

Be that as it may, I think you've "rung the gong". If we can get intermediatext/iText/context to perform as advertized, thats the tool we need.