Re: testing an overloaded function

From: DStevens <dstevens_at_navidec.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 13:16:38 -0700

If you are using a count(*) with first and last name in the where clause ... and no group by, you won't get too_many_rows. You will get 1 row.

select count(*) from customers where first_name = 'A' and last_name = 'B';

Will return 0, 1, ... n

I wouldn't return a null, I would always return the count -- the caller can compare = 1, 0, else...