Re: 11i and ie problem

From: vyper <fu__at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 13:57:43 -0000

vyper <tgga_at_vyper.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:u0u8aogqrm3fbe_at_corp.supernews.com...

> ?
> >
> > "vyper" <tgga_at_vyper.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > First my apologies for posting in the wrong group, but I can't find
any
> > > other suitable. I've just installed Oracle Apps 11.5i onto 2 Suse
Linux
> > > servers. I've generated all the oajinit.exe for downloading onto the
> PC's
> > > running the browsers. All well and good. I installed oajinit.exe onto
2
> > > computers with no problems at all. Then came the third.
> > >
> > > The problem occurs on the initial login, before I can download and
> install
> > > oajinit.exe. It allows me to login, but then immediatly expires me as
> > user
> > > and sends me back to a login screen again, even though it has at the
top
> > > that I'm the administrator. I went back and checked versions of
Internet
> > > Explorer. The version it allows me access on are all IE5.0. The ones
> that
> > > fails on are IE5.5 and IE6.0. I tried more IE5.0's with no problems at
> > all.
> > >
> > > Has anyone come across this problem before, or am I going to have to
> raise
> > > tar with Oracle?
> > >
> > > tia,
> > >
> > > Pete
> > >

> "Austin Durbin" <adurbin_at_home.com> wrote in message
> > Just a wild thought, but did you check the system date on the third
> > computer
>
> No I never. It's a thought - I'll try it today thanks, although it's more
> than one 3rd computer - if you see what I mean. It seems to be any
computer
> that has a version of ie > 5.
>
> Pete

Tried that and it's not where the the problem lies. I have tried an install with Netscape 4.57 or 4.7 - I can't remember, and it installs without a problem. Maybe it was around version 5.5 that Microsoft decided that it wanted it's own Java and I'm probably banging my head against a wall. I'll generate a tar.

Thanks anyhow,

Pete Received on Thu Dec 06 2001 - 07:57:43 CST