Re: Oracle vs. MS-SQL dialects

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 18:50:25 GMT

You are basically going from transact sql to pl/sql which is Pascalish. In triggers you do have the before and after values and don't have to select them out of the table you just changed.
In general in Oracle you should use packages to group related functions and procedures togther.
You would use ref cursors for returned result sets, and sequences for autonumber.

If it were me I would try to group the procedures logically and then start rewriting them one group at a time.

Jim