Re: 8i & XP Pro - does not start!

From: Gemino <gemino_at_interia.pl>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 10:28:56 +0100

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 14:26:28 -0000, "Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote:

>As I understand it 9i is now certified for XP so I'd definitely use that for
>the DB. It is a very large download though. I believe people have had
>success with 8.1.7 as well. Developer and designer might be worth asking
>about in comp.databases.oracle.tools.
>
>HTH
Hi!
Thank You for help and clues! I already have 9i downloaded and I did download 8.1.7 yesterday as well. Taking about 9i, I have installed it sucessfully under Win2K, however I was not able to install Designer 6 and Developer for use with 9i, thus I decided to switch to Oracle 8. Now I have to dig into oracle.tools for the rest of the answer :-)
Thanx. Received on Tue Dec 04 2001 - 03:28:56 CST