Backup older data

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 23:39:07 GMT

Oracle 8i

We have a number of images kept in BLOB fields that are taking up quite a bit of space. We have storage limitations, and have decided that much of the stored images are not for common retrieval. As such, until we better our storage, we need to relocate this data.

What would be a good method of doing that? Export the table/field? Somehow backup the TABLESPACE for later use? We have storage space on other systems, just not on this one.

Brian Received on Mon Dec 03 2001 - 17:39:07 CST