Re: 8i & XP Pro - does not start!

From: Gemino <gemino_at_interia.pl>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 14:02:31 +0100

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 12:44:26 -0000, "Niall Litchfield"

<cut>
>First up 8i is not supported on XP. Having said that I would expect it to be
>installable. However it doesn't look like you installed 8i at all. It rather
>looks as if you have installed Oracle 8. startdb80.exe does not exist in 8i.
>It does however follow the naming convention for oracle8 executables on the
>windows platform.Equally under 8 you wouldget two services
>OracleService<sid> and OracleStart<sid>. Oracle 8 does not get on at all
>well with win2k - by extension I would expect it to fail under XP.
>
>IIRC you need designer 6i for a win2k/XP platform but I can't swear to that.
</cut>

Wow! Thank You for quick response :-) In other words: should I forget about installing 8/8i on XP? Maybe there is a good combo of Oracle products working on XP? EX. Oracle 9i EE & Designer 6i & Developer 6? Could You please suggest any working config? Received on Mon Dec 03 2001 - 07:02:31 CST