changing passwords and back again(2)

From: Arno Bouwman <arno_at_the-bouwmans.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 20:12:18 -0000

Hello,

I would like to change certain user's passwords to prevent them from connecting during an euro-conversion. And change them back to their original passwords afterwards.

I've done this in the past something like this:

spool reset.sql
select 'alter user '||username||' identified by '||password||';' from dba_users where user in ('USER1','USER2'); spool off
than change the password so they can not connect any more do the job
start reset.sql

I can't get it to work any more ..... anybody knows how to???????????

Arno. arno_at_the-bouwmans.demon.nl Received on Sun Dec 02 2001 - 14:12:18 CST