Re: How can I select all IDs from a Column, when I dont have any Values

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 17:15:36 -0000

"amir" <amir_at_have-it.de> wrote in message news:30c35a4a.0111300454.49c9d9ea_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a Asterix like % for the Number Datatype.

Are you? Then there isn't one as it makes no sense. equality and range operators make sense in regards to numbers

> Example:
>
> For a Varchar-Column:
> select id, name from table where name like '%';
>
> For a Number-Column:
> select id, name from table where id = ????

is exactly equivalent to select id, name from table. This would also answer the question in the subject line.

Equally the where name like '%' is probably redundant in your varchar example.