Re: Free block in tablespace

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:04:03 +0100

"BLANC Philippe" <pblanc_at_umanis.com> wrote in message news:3c075fde$0$202$626a54ce_at_news.free.fr...
> Hello,
> I have free block in the begin of my tablespace and i want to know how can
> do to migrate this block to the end of the tablespace.
> I do a tablespace coalesce but its doing nothing.
> please help me
> why the free blocks were in the begining and not in the end

coalesce only deals with adjacent contiguous extents apparently you dropped an object using blocks at the beginning. IMO, I wouldn't bother. The only way to resolve it is export
drop
import
Learn to live with it, there are far more things important to worry about, like backup and recovery.

Hth

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA