Oracle 8i ORDImage retreival

From: Stacy Johnson <stacyjohnson5_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Nov 2001 15:56:28 -0800

Does anyone have any sample code or suggestions for retreiving data of type ORDImage for display on the web?

I've got something like this:

PROCEDURE get_logo (

	in_job_id	IN		job_logos.job_id%TYPE,
	out_image_content	OUT	BLOB
	)
IS
	ord_image  ORDSYS.ORDImage;

BEGIN
	SELECT logo INTO ord_image
	FROM job_logos
	WHERE job_id = in_job_id;

	out_image_content := ord_image.getcontent;

        [ ... want to display it here rather than pass
         it back...]

END tk_rweb_get_logo;

and I'd like to just display it IN THIS PROCEDURE (get_logo), because otherwise I'd be passing it back to ColdFusion, which does not support blobs. Do I have to break it down to rendering this blob the old way, or is there some easier way to render the image? If there's not, then what's the point of the new Oracle ORDImage type?

Thanks,
-Stacy Johnson Received on Wed Nov 28 2001 - 17:56:28 CST