6502 Orcale Error...

From: Brian Sheehan <brian_sheehan_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 19:09:11 -0000

Okay, I realise that this error has the explanation:

"ORA-06502PL/SQL: numeric or value error Cause:An arithmetic, numeric, string, conversion, or constraint error occurred. For example, this error occurs if an attempt is made to assign the value NULL to a variable declared NOT NULL, or if an attempt is made to assign an integer larger than 99 to a variable declared NUMBER(2)."

However, I can be certain that the values that my code inserts are of the correct datatype, and the correct length.

My insert code is generated dynamically, and the variables that are used to insert are defined as being of the same type as those that it is inserteing into, eg,

W_Address TableA. Address%TYPE;

so if the variable W_Address is defined as so, there is no way the value held in this variable could be a different datatype or size to that of its destination. (the address colmn in Table A)

Is anyone aware of any other causes of this error?

We have recently upgraded to Oracle 8.1.7 , although I wouldn't imagine that this would be a problem.

Thanks
Brian Received on Wed Nov 28 2001 - 13:09:11 CST