Re: ORA-06502 character string buffer too small

From: ilimbert <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: 28 Nov 2001 13:13:43 -0500

Dear Tom

You recently replied to a Ger who had a probelem running procedures in Oracle 8i plsql gateway when he had move them from Oracle 7.

I have a similar problem with a pls procedure moved from 8.1.7 to 9i. When I pass text to two VARCHAR2 parameters in my procedure I get the ORA-06502 error instead of my desired html page of data. The same code works fine in my 8i database version.

I am using the UFT8 charset in 9i on Windows XP Professional. The 8i database uses WE8IS08859P1 on Windows 2000 Professional. Is the charset causing problems with passing parameters in 9i pls gateway?

How do I get the code to work?

best regards Ian

--
Ian