Ever tried to implement 9i RAC *at home* ?

From: Sri <monsri_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 28 Nov 2001 05:11:00 -0800

Hi,

I'd like to know if someone here ever attempted to exercise his RAC skills with a home-made server: what was your configuration ? What's the least viable configuration on an Intel-based PC (running Linux) to be able to simulate a real applications server with the 9i version ? This is for self-training purposes...

I found that RAC is certified on an Intel configuration with a Compaq ProLiant DL580R01 with a PIII Xeon 700Mhz, using SuSE 7.2 with an upgraded kernel to 2.4.4-12 and LVM... But is such a machine necessary ?

I can afford SuSE with the upgraded kernel, I can get Oracle 9i for Linux but I do not intend to purchase a ProLiant server just for the fun of it (I'm not even sure I would have room enough in my flat to install it, without talking about the money...) !

Thanks a lot for any help/suggestions...

Regards,
Sri Received on Wed Nov 28 2001 - 07:11:00 CST