Oracle for BoneHeads

From: curmudgeon <completesweep_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:14:43 -0500

We have just received an Oracle DB, 8i, and I have now been given access to the DBA studio, SQL*Plus and the Enterprise Manager (but mgmt server not setup yet).
I have plenty of DB experience...so... I start poking around.

UNCLE...I cried after a few hours.

where are the basics. I need to start building db's and tables, add in schema(?) and THEN I'll worry about the SQL. I can get the data out, I have tons of SQL stuff - it's getting the info set up that I can't seem to find.

Any suggestions appreciated...

TIA, Curmudgeon Received on Tue Nov 27 2001 - 11:14:43 CST