Re: Oracle9i, Win 2000 Prof 256 MB/850

From: Andrew Hardy <nobody_at_spam.from.news.AdvanticaTech.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:10:49 -0000

There is a note on Metalink regarding a similar problem if you are using DHCP? Doc ID: Note:165030.1
Subject: Creating EM 9i Repository User Fails with ORA-972 When Server is Running DHCP
Type: BULLETIN
 Content Type: TEXT/PLAIN
Creation Date: 19-NOV-2001
Last Revision Date: 19-NOV-2001

Environment:
Oracle Enterprise Manager 9.0.1
Microsoft Windows NT running DHCP

Symptom:
When attempting to run the Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant (EMCA) to
create a new repository for EM 9i, the EMCA logs an error when attempting to create the database user account to hold the EM Repository schema.

The EMCA shows the error: ORA-00972: Identifier is too long The EMCA then shuts down and the EM Repository is not created.

Cause:
The EMCA is attempting to create a database user called OEM_<your DHCP name>_OEMREP.
This name is too long to be a valid database username so the configuration tool
aborts.

Solution:
As a workaround, choose to create a new repository but then select the CUSTOM
option instead of a TYPICAL option. By selecting a CUSTOM option, you will be
allowed to manually assign the database user that you want to use for the EM Repository schema and continue creating the EM Repository.

Andy