Re: Oracle time out?????????????????????,

From: Noname <nospam_at_nospam.no>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 19:06:38 -0500

There are a couple of possibilities that come time mind:

  1. Is the user with which you are making the connection under an Oracle profile with a timeout? Try to identify what profile(s) is/are assigned to your users. Failing that, try creating a new profile with no timeout, create a new user with this profile and see if the problem reoccurs. You can also create a SQL*PLUS connection with the same user and test to see if the timeout occurs.
  2. Is your JDBC connection using an ODBC connection with a fixed timeout?
  3. Have you checked the configuration of Tomcat and the JDBC connection?
  4. Check with your network administrator or ISP to see if there is a network process that breaks the connection. If you're system is deployed on a single machine, obviously this isn't relevant. However, if you have separate servers on a broader network or if you have a collocation site, then this *might* be an issue.

These are the places I would start with in the order listed.

Good Luck!
Chris