What system ?

From: Mainak Divanji <md_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 13:48:57 -0600

Hi all,

I am interested in setting up a PC which will run Oracle db for self learning on new Oracle tools. I tried out a Windows 2000 , PIII 800 Mhz with 256 MB RAM and was not satisfied.

What commercially available system would you use (I'm not interested in building on my own) ? Most off the shelf systems have a 512 MB RAM limit, and now come with Win XP. Would you set up a server or just a regular PC ? I'm talking one may be 2 PCs connected together. Windows or Unix flavors ? I would prefer Windows. I hear the new Intel 845 chipset for P4 processors will take up to 3GB RAM (1.5 GB until the 1MB SIMMs are available).

Thanks,
MD. Received on Sun Nov 25 2001 - 13:48:57 CST