Newbie - Oracle 8i Personal Edition

From: PJ <yo_at_yo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 16:41:55 GMT

When I connect to my db in Oracle 8i PE, I enter my username and password but do not enter a host string and I connect just fine.

When trying to connect using TOAD but it asks for a Database to connect to. When I enter the name of the database "homest" it comes back with "ORA-12541: TNS:no listener".

Am I doing something wrong or is this the way the Personal Edition works?

Thanks Received on Sun Nov 25 2001 - 10:41:55 CST