Re: deleting a row from a varray

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 10:30:58 -0000

I should have looked a little more closely at the original question - you cannot delete individual items from a varray - you will either have to play silly games with CAST() or use an object table instead of a varray.

My comment about the SELF parameter was
also inappropriate - you are allowed to declare the SELF parameter explicitly. In your case you may have to because you are using a
member function and the implicit SELF for a member function is an IN parameter, whereas you actually want to use an IN OUT parameter.

BTW - to avoid the 'no data found' exception when looping through the table, you could use code like

    if (self.luggage.exists(i)) then

And in answer to your question about the WHERE condition - it isn't part of the syntax for this type of mechanism:

    if (self.luggage.exists(i)) then

        if (self.luggage(i).luggage_name = food) then
            self.luggage.delete(i);
        end if;

    end if;
--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Author of:

Screen saver or Life saver: http://www.ud.com
Use spare CPU to assist in cancer research.