Re: How to get rid of JVM in 8.1.x

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 06:03:49 +0100

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 00:55:49 +0100, Peter Holm <PHolm_at_gmx.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>we are just fiddling around with Oracle to make our Application work
>also with that thing, but we definitely do not need any JVM in the DB,
>so we were looking for a way to get rid of the ressource-eating
>JVM-Thing to have better performance on our Development-Server, which
>runs alot of other things, but did not find anything. The reduction of
>JAVAPOOL is one thing, but we wold like to get Java completely out of
>Oracle.
>
>Is this possibole and how can this be done?
>

>Thank you very much for your attention!
>

>Have a nice thread,
>Peter

AFAIK it is not possible. I don't think if you don't use Java at all in your database you will notice the presence of the JVM. 'Removing' the JVM is definitely not one of the things to look for when tuning the database/your application.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Nov 22 2001 - 23:03:49 CST