Minimal install of 9i for devel

From: <fishbowl_at_rot13.pbafreingbel.pbz>
Date: 22 Nov 2001 18:13:08 GMT

I would like to install the 9i server on a notebook so that I won't be chained to my desk. For development purposes my database is very small, and I don't really use anything fancy; just a few tables accessed via the jdbc thin driver. I'd prefer to use the linux version.

Oracle's installer wants several gigabytes of free space, but what does it really need?

I'm hoping to find an undocumented way of installing a skeletal version of oracle, in the minimum amount of space. If there's no way to do that, perhaps some of the material can be kept on a cdrom?

Regards,
James <fishbowl_at_conservatory.com> Received on Thu Nov 22 2001 - 12:13:08 CST