[8.1.7] Anyone using the DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT.MD5 function ?

From: <davide_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Nov 2001 13:36:14 GMT

I have to use the DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT.MD5 function to crypt a password that I receive from another system, there are some problems thought. The first one is that the MD5 family of functions aren't described in the documentation, the second (much more important) is that anytime I try to use it, it complains that the function to use is not clear.

This is my "bridge" function :

create or replace function crypt(instring varchar2) return varchar2 as

        tmpstring varchar2(32);
begin

        tmpstring := substr(instring,1,32);
        tmpstring := dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.md5(tmpstring);
        return substr(rawtohex(tmpstring),1,32);

end crypt;

trying to compile this function I obtain:

SQL> show err;
Errors for FUNCTION CRYPT:

LINE/COL ERROR

6/2      PL/SQL: Statement ignored
6/15     PLS-00307: too many declarations of 'MD5' match this call
SQL> Anyone have some hints ?

Davide Received on Mon Nov 19 2001 - 07:36:14 CST