Re: Detecting "SHOW" options

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 07:51:44 +0100

On Sat, 17 Nov 2001 22:11:59 GMT, Henry Hayden <gumzilla_at_voicenet.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to programmatically detect the SQL*Plus environment
>settings- such as SET SERVEROUTPUT, etc.? I'd like to be able to find
>out what certain settings are so that I can store them, change them as
>needed within a script, and then change them back to their original
>settings. (I'm using SQL*Plus 8.1.5)
>
>So, I not only need to detect the settings, but I also need to know how
>to set them from within PL/SQL.
>This may be picky, I know, but I'd like to know, in any case.
>
>Thanks!
>

>Henry

You can use
store set <filename> create | replace | append to save the current environment.
You can simply issue
@<filename>
to restore them.
_SQL*Plus_ environment settings _obviously_ can not be set from PL/SQL

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Nov 18 2001 - 00:51:44 CST