Cannot conenct to remote database from Windows 2000 -can from win98 help!

From: John Downey <k_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 16:56:51 GMT

Hi,

First off huge apologies if I'm asking in the wrong forum.

I currently connect to a remote Oracle database with Windows 98. However I cannot connect to the database using any flavor of the Windows 2000 family.

My address that I am trying to connect to tries to connect to 10.10.100.10 (This occurs only on windows 2000 and xp machines)

I have spent hours trying to find an answer to this on the web. I can cannot for the life of me get the java applet started. It's like WIndows 2000 is blocking connection to my target address.

The oracle database that I conect to has the following address format:

http://home.alpha.com:8900/OA_HTML/US/alphaprod.html Is there a setting permission in Windows 2000 that I am missing?

I have the jinitiator plugin. Received on Sat Nov 17 2001 - 10:56:51 CST