Re: newbie on oracle

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:44:44 GMT

Best single place for technical information is Oracle's Technet site at http://technet.oracle.com

There is a huge amount of information there and it's easy to get lost or to get information overload. Personally I suggest reading O'Reilly's Oracle Essentials book first to get an overview - details at http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/oressentials2/

The people on this group and on comp.databases.oracle.server newsgroup are very willing to help as well, so feel free to ask questions. If you do I strongly recommend including Oracle version information and a brief overview of what you have tried when you ask questions - it makes things a lot easier to form an appropriate answer.