RH7.1 + Oracle 8.1.7

From: Laizon <laizon_at_laizon.com>
Date: 15 Nov 2001 15:59:52 GMT

    	Hello.
    	I'm trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 in a RH7.1 server, but appears an
error at the beginning (when execute the runInstaller).
    	Following the manual included in the doc directory, I have made the
necessary modifications (groups, users, mount points, variables, etc).
    	After log in using the 'oracle' user, I execute the installer and it
appears to me the following error:

---
Initializing Java Virtual Machine from ../stage/Components/oracle.swf.jre/1.1.8/1/DataFiles/Expanded/linux/bin/jre . Please wait...
map failed

---

    	I don't need to install the Oracle Server, only the Oracle Client, but
the installation stops at the first step. I execute runInstaller from a
terminal window, using KDE.
    	Anybody knows what I'm doing wrong?
    	Thanks.