Cannot pass a view name to a stored procedure as a parameter

From: Arijit Mukherjee <arijit_at_lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:58:58 +0530

Hi,

   I am using Oracle 8 and need to pass a view name to a stored procedure. I tried passing the name as varchar2. However, when I try to use this string inside a query (be it inside a cursor or inside the executable block inside the stored procedure), I get a compilation error - saying that this varchar2 variable is undefined.

   Is there any way I can do this?
   Any help is highly appreciated,
Regards,
Arijit Received on Thu Nov 15 2001 - 01:28:58 CST