Database size increase on Oracle 9i

From: Stephen Carviille <stephen_at_heronforge.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:11:24 GMT

I am testing Oracle 9i on Linux and after migrating one of our database from oracle 8i on Solaris to the Linux server the DBA reports the size of the data base increased about three-fold! On Solaris 8 and Oracle 8i the data base is about 5.6 G but on the Linux server it is 16 G.

I'm just a lowly sysadmin :-) and have no idea how this could happen. Any suggestions on where to start looking? Or is this a normal thing? Received on Wed Nov 14 2001 - 15:11:24 CST